26 Φεβρουαρίου 2014

Pure Beauty

Good morning!!
The 3rd Round of the Supreme Scrap Tournament is on and hot!

So here I am to share with you my page!

First of all, these are the criteria of the challenge:

Pages:
- One.
- Format 30,4 x 30,4 cm (12x12 inch)

Theme:
Free
Colours:
Free
Photos:
- Minimum 4 photos
- No photo’s with people (foreground or background) or parts of people on them.
Use:
- You will have to add doodling ON 2 of the photos. (exactly 2 no more no less)
- Add a handwriten/doodled title directly on the layout
- Add a handwritten journal of minimum 20 words directly on the layout.
- All doodling must be hand doodled!
Not to be used:
- Flowers in any form. So no flowers on your LO. Including your papers and photos and doodling. You can't even doodle flowers on your layout. You can doodle anything else.
- Alphabet stickers, alpha thickers, diecut, punched alpha, handcut alpha, stamped alpha, punched alpha, alphabet using a stencil or any other alphabet embellishment.
Allowed: - Cutting machines and punches are allowed except for alphabets and flowers.

And this is my story:

I admit that this is one of the toughest challenges I took on in my entire scrapbooking history.
And of course, it was un-expected (again). Bep and Nanette know HOW TO SHAKE US & GET US OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES! lol

Now doodling is a technique that is not usually used in mixed media, layered layouts (like the ones I make).  I personally believe that it's much closer to the art-journalling.
Therefore in front of this challenge, I found myself in the following dilemma:

Either to make something true to my "Melenia" style OR find ideas from Pinterest or other galleries and be inspired (aka start off with them).  I chose the first. I decided to make a page and incorporate/embrace/enfold doodling in my style.  Now this is a big risk because it takes a great deal of skill, in order to put something new into your page in the perfect amount and way.  So my page contains doodling and you can find it around the edges of the layout, as well as around the big cluster where the 4 photos lie upon and on two of the photos.  The theme of my page is the beauty of the butterfly, that's why I mostly doodled butterflies flying around!!!
The journalling and the title are hand-written of course, as you can see.... No flowers, no people.
My words are almost 35 and the text is this


“Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”  I will always delight in the beauty of a butterfly.
The quote belongs to Trina Paulus, the photo was found in Pinterest.




Some close ups of my page, so you see the doodled parts better





The collection I used was 7 Dots Studio Domestic Goddess.

I don't know if I incorporated doodling successfully but I know that I tried and did all I could!  You will tell me!

I would like to show you now a second page that I made yesterday that contains only doodling and a few feathers!  It is NOT what I use to do in my pages, but I'm happy that I tried this style too (even though it's not me at all).


Just doodling... :)

I'm entering the FIRST PAGE IN THE TOURNAMENT!!! 
The second is only for viewing!


Thanks for visiting!!

7 σχόλια:

  1. Μπραβο Μελενια, τα καταφερες και παλι! Ειδικα η πρωτη ειναι φανταστικη!!! Μου αρεσουν ιδιαιτερα οι ζωγραφιστες πεταλουδες (λατρευω τις πεταλουδες γενικα) και η κορνιζα που εκανες στις 2 φωτογραφιες! Νομιζω οτι θα το κανω κ εγω απο δω και περα στις συνθεσεις μου - με ενεπνευσες😀

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. το χεις! το χεις!και φαινεσαι στα δυσκολα!!!ρισπεκτ!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. απιστευτες και οι δυο συνθεσεις......η πρωτη σιγουρα εισαι εσυ...αλλα η δευτερη ειναι η αποδειξη του ταλεντου που εχεις...και γω εμπνευστηκα αρκετα απο τις συνθεσεις σου!!!!!!!!!!!!
    καλη επιτυχια...την αξιζεις!!!!!!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Μπράβο Μελένια μου!Είδα την πρωτιά σου στους ψήφους σήμερα και χάρηκα πολύ!Το αξίζεις..Πολύ ωραίες δημιουργίες και το doodle σου πάει..Καλή επιτυχία και καλή συνέχεια!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Υπέροχες και οι 2 με μια προτίμηση στην πρώτη!!Είναι πιο εντυπωσιακή και πιο εσύ!!!Μπράβο κορίτσι μου πάμε γερα!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Απλά δεν υπάρχεις....ότι και να δοκιμάσεις το φέρνεις στα μέτρα σου και το τελειοποιείς! μπράβο σου Μελένια μου! είναι φανταστικές και οι δύο σελίδες σου...ίσως με μια προτίμηση στην πρώτη λόγω χρώματος στο φόντο σου! χιχι! Θα τα πούμε σύντομα και απο κοντά, ανυπομονώ να σας δώ! Φιλάκια!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Doodling αλά Μελένια = σίγουρη επιτυχία!!!! Φοβερή, εντυπωσιακή σύνθεση!!! Καλή επιτυχία!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Thanks for taking the time to leave a warm comment here!